Thursday, March 13, 2014

Broken Silence - Karen Rose

After a traumatic kidnapping, Daphne’s boss insists that she take time off. But she refuses to sit on the sidelines when she meets a six-year-old girl who the police call Angel. Angel hasn’t spoken a word since they found her four days ago next to a burned out car, frozen with shock, not far from the bodies of two adults who may or may not have been her parents.
Joseph knows that helping Angel is exactly what Daphne needs right now. But when Daphne gets Angel to talk, a mysterious and chilling crime begins to unravel—one that drives Daphne into the darkest corners of her past as she and Joseph track a ruthless killer.

Although I did enjoy my last Karen Rose book I did not feel it was one of her best titles. But I am always ready to start one of her books and while I have been impatientelly waiting for Stevie's story and couldn't resist grabbing this one.

And I did enjoy it very much. Certainly more than I expected. It's a very short novella but I think the plot worked well. We know a lot of the background story since this is more like an extension of the previous book, and the suspense plot was simple and worked well in such short format. I would have preferred something a bit bigger and meatier but I guess she is saving that for Stevie.

Grade: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...